Menu of ward

Close

The text is from here.

Shomei-ji Temple and Kanazawabunko

Last updated on November 6, 2020.

Shomei-ji Temple

Shomei-ji Temple was founded by Sanetoki Hojo around 1258 (Shoyoshiji). The Jodo-style garden, which prospered as the temple of Hojo Kanazawa and spreads out in front of main hall, was extensively rebuilt during the Sadaaki period.
The current garden was restored in 1987 (Showa 62), and you can see the Kondo, Shakado hall, and bell tower (namely bell) behind the lush greenery of Kanazawa Miyama (Kanazawayama, Inariyama, and Hyugayama).


Shomyoji Temple of Sakura and Snow (photographed by Junichi Kataoka)



Shomyoji Temple of autumn leaves and cluster amaryllis (photographed by Masako Sano)


Kanazawabunko


Current Kanazawabunko

Kanazawabunko is a library made by Sanetoki Hojo during the Kamakura period, and is the oldest samurai library. In fact, he held key positions in Kamakura shogunate, and was interested not only in politics but also in academics, and collected books and studied extensively in politics, agricultural administration, military science and literature. Kanazawabunko was handed over to his descendants, and it is said that the era of Sadaaki was the most fulfilling. After Hojo's death, Kanazawabunko's collections were also taken out by Ieyasu Tokugawa, the power of the time.
The current Kanazawabunko was constructed in 1930 with the donation of Shintaro Ohashi as part of the commemorative project of Emperor Showa in Kanagawa Prefecture. As a history museum in the Middle Ages, there is a display of valuable materials, a restoration inside the name Teramoto-do and a library.

Inquiries to this page

Kanazawa Ward General Affairs Department Regional Promotion Division

Phone: 045-788-7804

Phone: 045-788-7804

Fax: 045-788-1937

E-Mail address [email protected]

Return to the previous page

Page ID: 459-295-530

Menu of ward

  • LINE
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube